Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Days

Bad news: if tomorrow is a bad day, it will be my 7th consecutive worst of bad days of my life.
I was wallowing in my sorrows today in my retail class when I thought of something that put a smile on my face: Harry Slatkin gave me a candle and that very candle is sitting in my bag right at this moment.
Ok, so Harry didn't just give me a candle, he gave one to about 300 other people, too. But still, Slatkin & Co.'s Green Tea & White Pear Scented Candle was sitting in MY bag and I smiled.
Then I thought, "What else has happened in the past 6 days that could make me smile right now?" (Yes, I think in quotations)

Here is what I thought of:
1. I bought my first J. Crew cashmere sweater and it is gorgeous and feels like clouds.
1A. J. Crew in general.
2. The food package Mum sent me with deliciousness inside.
3. The sandwich I made with that deliciousness. Dark wheat bread, pumpkin butter, soy mozerella cheese and black smoked ham.
4. I discovered the new TV show Parenthood. It's my kind of show.
5. When I get home, Janna is going to cut my hair because she is fabulous and the only one that will ever touch my hair.
6. My retail teacher (the cutest woman on the planet) told us that grocery shopping was the worst part of "wifedom", talking about her life as a wife.
7. Recieving a letter from Sister Dano
8. SKYPE.
and last but certainly not least
9. 29 days until I go home, sweet home.

Even though these past few days have been rough, the Lord never ceases to bless me with His tender mercies. And what a tender mercy it is to have Him remind me of the good stuff that makes life a little happier.

3 comments:

Dennis Agle Jr. said...

#9's my fave! Even better than a Slatkin candle. (I know, crazy.)

Coryn said...

J Crew has such cute stuff!

Adventures of Matt and Rae said...

We miss you...