Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'll Be Home For Christmas...

Good news! In less than 2 weeks, I will be home with most of the greatest people on this planet! I am so excited. I remember counting down the days until I was home the very day I stepped foot on this island. It's not that I wasn't excited and ready to start a new life but, honestly, there is absolutely no place like home.

While I am missing out on the decorating at home, I have definitely had my share of creating a festive atmosphere here. First, I decorated the Christmas tree at work. It was quite an experience: Friday evening, almost everyone had gone home. There was only the few unfortunate who work on the weekend eve left in the office. Everyone was drowsy and desperately lacking holiday cheer. As soon as I started decorating, the office came to life--It felt like Whoville! Now here is the truth: some of the workers got so excited they burst into Christmas song (and one into an improptu ballet). It made the Friday evening a little more fun.

This is the cute tree in the office. Standing at 3 feet tall, it is quite the little masterpiece.

That was Friday night. Saturday morning, the family ward had a Christmas party. I was asked if I wanted to go to help set up the Christmas tree there. How in heaven's name could I refuse? I never say no to a good dose of Christmas festivities. This tree was slightly bigger than 3 feet tall. It was a good 7 feet. Thank goodness Elder Miller was there to help put the decorations up. He goes home on December 21st, and was super excited to put up a Christmas tree as he had missed his decorating at home, also. Here is the Ward Christmas Tree!


On the right, coming in at 7 feet tall, Ward Christmas tree! On the Left, coming in at 6 feet 7 inches, Elder Miller!

The Christmas Season has been very different, so far. I am not a fan of finals but I have such a good thing to look forward to. In exactly one week, 5 days and 3 hours, I will be back home, in Utah, with my sweet family. This is my only Christmas wish.
--Katie xx

No comments: