Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve

So I have started a blog...I don't know why. I am not very good at keeping up with things like this. I can't even keep up on twitter! Nobody knows I have started a blog yet...I didn't even know if I would get around to writing a post for a few days. But here I am!
Being alone in this apartment in the Big Apple for the holiday weekend without any distractions, I realize I am thinking. Just thinking about things! It's tres fun. Here is what I am thinking about....

First of all, I found this awesome musician. He is amazing! Well, I actually only know one song that he does and it is genius. I want to share it with you. Ladies and Gents, may I present:

It is Thanksgiving Eve! I have mixed feelings about this wonderful occassion this year. I thought I would be ok not being home during one of the greatest holidays, but it is much harder than I thought it would be. I miss my family! But, I am grateful for my sweet friend Bree. She has invited me to go with her to her cousin's home in Connecticut for the afternoon. (That is one thing I love about the East Coast--you can hop on a train and go anywhere). Even though I won't be with my family, I get to be with a family having a delicious dinner, all the while, thinking about the thing I am most grateful for in the entire world: My Family.

3 comments:

Mom/Grandma said...

Holidays can be lonely if you're not with your family, but an adventure too so take advantage of being with Bree and family and the new experience. Love that you're doing a blog. We love hearing about your adventures. Love, Grandma xox

Mom/Grandma said...

Well how was Turkey Day on the East Coast? We spent it at Uncle Erik and Aunt Kristin's home. They invited another couple with their two children, so we had a good sized group. The first order of the day was flag football in a park near their house. Erik was so cute helping all those little kids have fun and success. Then we had a wonderful dinner. Kristin is such a good cook. We watched a little football on their nice TV and of course did a lot of visiting. A perfect Thanksgiving Holiday. Love, Grandma xox

dennis92675 said...

You are in such a vibrant city and you have a knack for captureing pictures that tell what you love about New York City. If you can keep your enthusiasm even through kidney stones and other ills, then you must be happy. I know this because I also know you love your family and miss them. Thank you for sharing your life with us, and as always love and hugs, Grandpa xx0x