Sunday, October 10, 2010

Floodgates A-Gush

Church was a little interesting.
It is fast Sunday and for some reason, in testimony meeting, I started crying and that was that.
I couldn't stop. I'm still not completely stable at the moment, but at least I'm not blubbering anymore.
It was quite embarrassing and did not go unnoticed.
My amazing Branch President actually called me to make sure I was OK. He is so amazing and was actually one of the deciding factors of me staying in Utah for a while.
I just want to say that I am OK. It was just a build up of the past few weeks of emotion and low blood sugar. I don't know why it came out all at once, but I was having struggs. (Thank you to Alex Agle for letting me use the word "struggs"--aka struggles--just this once. I owe you).

But, believe it or not, I did get a lot out of Testimony meeting.
President Walker reminded me that even if something is a good thing, maybe it is not meant to happen right now. We need to move forward with faith to work on the Lord's time table.
That is such a hard thing for me to remember. If I know what I want, I want it now.
It is a hard thing to understand and remember that even if it is good, maybe now is no the best time to have it.
It seems to me that sometimes, that's harder than finding out that something is not good, so we should not have it.
Is this making any sense? I hope so, because it is important to remember.

Another thing I got out of Testimony Meeting is what President Fischer talked about.
He reminded me that Satan's sole purpose is to make us miserable.
Sometimes, he gets such a strong hold on us and we can't seem to shake him, but we are never alone. We always have someone to turn to.
Also, at this time in our lives, we are super vulnerable to falling under the bus and being lost. Because of this, Satan is hitting us as hard as he can just to get us down and keep us down.

These things are so important to remember and I feel like they were talking directly to me. Isn't it interesting how the Lord works?

Happy Sunday, everyone. Love you all.

No comments: